TwinBin, Eriks & Fokker Aero structures Case Study
Hurst Green Plastics have teamed up with Eriks to supply Fokker Aero Structures throughout the Netherlands and Mexico. Business with Eriks first started back in 2007 and the partnership has flourished ever since.
Fokker approached Eriks as a strategic partner for the delivery of the wide packet on WTB material. From closures, tubes and tabs to tolls and personal protection products.
Eriks found the solution in the revolutionary TwinBin system and from then on business relationship has gone from strength to strength.
The user friendly TwinBin has been installed in a total of 35 locations divided over five warehouses. There are over 1,000 bins in use in total. The TwinBin system always uses the older dated stock before the new batch is made available which reduces the possibility that the product will go over it’s expiry date.
This makes it a very flexible system that can be adapted at any moment as a new component in any existing assembly department.
Fokker profits from the TwinBin system in many ways such as:
- Strongly improved material suppliers on the work floor
- Dramatic reduction in the time need to maintain he material supply in the internal magazine
- Dust free storage
- Materials are very easily visible so the searching for materials has become a thing of the past
- Improved control in the durability of the product because of the “first in – first out” system
- Clear insight of the weekly per cost of the units
- Time saving in the storage department due to the direct re-filling of the bins in their fixed location
- Improved systematic re ordering as ordering can be done collectively
- Reduction and ease of ordering time
Through the success of the system at Fokker Aero Structures, they have looked at adapting it for use in other Fokker production locations. In addition, Hoogeveen are also using TwinBin for the support materials. In this way, more and more materials from small suppliers or larger suppliers are being added. This results in total availability of materials.
In addition to the availability of the materials there is a saving in terms of the reduction of transport costs, a reduction in the amount of stocks of materials needed to be held in store, reduction in packaging waste, less wastage of suppliers and a reduced number of FTE’s.